You are no longer in a long-term relationship, whether she left you or you left her. You can now do whatever you want and meet whoever you want whenever you want.

After a while, you feel ready to enter into a new relationship. You've even met a nice girl who appears to be interested in you. Things gradually become more serious, and you get to know your new partner better.

But something bothers you, and you're not sure what it is. Then you realize your girl is not doing things the way you're used to; she's not making things the way your ex used to make them (it's not about the new relationship, just the things you liked about your ex).

I saw a friend I hadn't seen in a long time in the last few days. So it surprised me when a nice girl approached us and introduced herself as his girlfriend. I had no idea he had split up with his ex, a very sexy, feminine woman.

After his new girlfriend left, I inquired about his ex and how things were going in his new relationship. He told me that he has been in this new relationship for more than seven months, that his girlfriend is a lovely woman, and that he has no complaints.

However, something is missing. My friend was used to being with a very feminine woman who reveled in her femininity at all times. He admitted that it is difficult for him to adjust to life without some of the things he has previously experimented with, even though he is aware that they exist.

He also said something that made me laugh: "If I could put my ex's qualities next to my new partner's qualities, I'd make the perfect woman for me."

In a fantasy world, could we create the ideal woman? Not as good as we all believe. It's something I say all the time: perfection is boring.

After a breakup, a person must consider the reasons for the split rather than the ex's qualities. I'm sure you have compelling reasons to end your relationship with someone you've known for years.

Release yourself from your previous relationship and allow your new girlfriend to make you happy in her unique way. Learn to appreciate your woman's qualities and personality, and don't let your ex's characteristics interfere with your current or future relationships.